A front-end web developer of complex websites with over ten years' experience.
- Extensive familiarity with both proprietary and open source languages.
- Works to W3C standards.
- Experienced in meeting client requirements.
- Able to work with designers, other developers or solo as required.
- .NET (C#), PHP, SQL, JSP & JSTL
- Rebuilt the company website, interacting with an external designer and various stakeholders within the company. The result was a modern website with a fresh look and feel built upon an open source CMS system.
- The only dedicated front end developer in a team of back end developers spread across Europe and Asia who build customisable tools that can be seen on the websites of various financial institutions including Banks, Fund Managers and Advisors as well as our in-house European retail websites.
- Responsible for re-architecting the real-time creation of the IWT team’s factsheets. The newer versions have greater functionality, are more flexible and a smaller code footprint than their predecessors. As a result it is now quicker and easier for the implementation managers to customise them to fit client requirements - or for developers to add further functionality. To aid all parties, documentation explaining the approach and all of the available options was written for the internal wiki.
- Refactored, one module at a time, the CSS for the entire suite of modules that existed at that time. To ensure that these changes caused as little disruption as possible to existing clients, guidelines were provided to project managers detailing what to look out for during testing and what modifications were required. The result was a much reduced amount of CSS within the platform and made client customisation simpler.
- The go-to person for many colleagues when they require advice on whether something is possible or encounter an issue (whether front- or back-end) which they are struggling with.
- Rebuilt, together with a small team of other web developers, two of the company's main websites. The result was a brace of modern websites, both in terms of technology and development techniques, each with a fresh look and feel which improved the user experience considerably when compared against their predecessors.
- Constructed micro-sites for clients, customising the tools to meet style guidelines which ensured a consistent look when they were included within the customers' websites.
Responsible for the construction of employer's CMS and development of online testing solutions. Modified clients' websites and assisted the in-house software developer.
Created a website that could present the company’s range of foreign properties to the wider audience.
Built the website for the company’s security team as well as the company intranet, including a CMS. Added functionality to the company's main e-commerce website.
Created standalone software using VB v3 and v5 in association with MS Access databases.
Worked with the finance director to keep track of the accounts from various Middle Eastern offices with via a MIS.
Developed, alongside senior colleagues, a range of e-commerce solutions that met the client’s needs.
BEng in Electronic Engineering (Hons)
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry A-Levels